Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Different Burger Choice This Time

Now that I'm back to talking about food in Arlington, I thought I'd do a short post on a burger I've been meaning to try at Ri Ra, and finally decided to take the plunge on. In one of my previous posts on Ri Ra, I mentioned that Wednesday is half-price burger day, so I decided to forego my usual (the delicious Guinness BBQ burger) and try the chili cheese burger.


I promised a short post, and I mean to keep it that way. I liked the burger, it was a tasty change of pace for me. The chili was pretty good, had beans which is a plus for me. Lots of people going for "authentic" chili don't put in beans. I maybe would have wanted the chili cooked down a little longer, making it thicker and less watery. Normally if you are serving chili, I like it this consistency - but when its used as a topping I think it needs to be thickened to reduce the mess. So this ended up being a pretty messy burger to eat, but it wasn't so much so that it was unpleasant. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this burger.

Honestly I miss the lamb burger, but I think they dropped it during the great menu changing of last year because it wasn't selling well. Ah well. What can you do? As long as great stuff like this is still offered, Ri Ra will always enjoy a permanent slot in my lunch rotation.


1 comment:

  1. I'm really gonna have to go back to Ri Ra. ~Amy

    ReplyDelete