Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Delicious Smoothies!

I'd be remiss if I didn't at least give a small consideration to my favorite (read: only) smoothie place. I was never one for smoothies, I always thought they were too chalky or full of nonsense for hippies. Then I discovered the Robeks location in the Courthouse neighborhood where I work one summer. It was awesome. They have a whole sub-menu of tropical smoothies, which is really what drew me in. I've tried a whole host of their others over the years that I've found are not really my thing. No fault of theirs, just the flavors didn't jive for me. Plus  needing to pronounce Brazilian stuff like Açaí and Cupuaçu just isn't my thing. My favorite that they do is the Passionfruit Cove - which is made with passionfruit-mango juice, strawberries, bananas, pineapple sherbet, and ice (obviously). Delightful.



One of their big selling points is the ability to add junk to your smoothie like vitamins or fiber or protein powder. I think the first addition is free and subsequent ones cost extra. I generally avoid these because I don't like the texture or taste they add, but I've been told by others that they can't taste any difference. 


I love most of their Tropical offerings, especially the South Pacific Squeeze and Big Wednesday. Those three are my normal rotation, and every once in a while I'll do something different. You really can't beat this place for an afternoon pick-me-up on a hot day (like every day for the past few months here in the DC Metro area).


http://www.robeks.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment