Monday, July 16, 2012

The Boulevard Woodgrill


For the inaugural post on this food blog (at least the first one actually about food), I plan to go back to last week, mostly because that's what I have pictures of on hand. My friend and colleague Jimmy turned 30 so a group of co-workers and I took him out to lunch to a place of his choice. His selection was The Boulevard Woodgrill on the corner of N. Fillmore and Wilson Blvd. (2901 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, VA) I don't usually frequent this place as I prefer other selections in the area and because I've never really had an outstanding meal there. For me its a rare miss from the same team that brought us some of my favorite other restaurants in Northern Virginia, like Faccia Luna (definitely more on them in later posts) and Overwood. 



Either way, I wasn't super hungry so I ordered an appetizer and a couple of sides for lunch. I got the sliders, coleslaw, and fries. The sliders weren't bad and came with sweet pickle chips on the side, which greatly improved them for me. Honestly the best part of the meal was the fantastic coleslaw. I come from the northeast originally, and coleslaw up there tastes quite different than down here in the South. I feel like the coleslaw I frequently get here is much 'wetter' than I grew up with. Whether that's a function of the places i frequent or not is certainly open to interpretation. Regardless, the coleslaw was fantastic and its the only thing I would certainly get again. Jimmy wholeheartedly recommends the meatloaf, he's gotten it the last two times I've gone. My other colleague Amy recommends the buffalo chicken wrap. 


I want to stress this, there was nothing wrong with anything I got here. It just never knocks it out of the park for me, and when so many other places in the area do (including the other places the owners have opened), I must have only eaten here 2 or 3 times in the past couple of years. 


http://boulevardwoodgrill.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment